Terms & Conditions of Bell Bliss Hire
- The ‘Company’ is Bell Bliss Events.
- The ‘Equipment’ is the Bell Tent(s) and any additional equipment provided by the Company as specified in the invoice for the use of the Hirer.
- The ‘Hirer’ is the person hiring the equipment from the company, the Hirer must be at least 18 years of age and there name will clearly be shown on the final invoice.
- The ‘Period of Hire’ is the period between the equipment set up being completed on site and dismantlement commencing.
- The ‘Hire Charge’ is the total amount payable by the Hirer to the Company as clearly shown by the invoice.
- The ‘Invoice’ is the document produced by the Company to the Hirer requesting payment of all hire charges. The Invoice will contain clear details of the equipment, the Hirer and of the hire period.
The Following Terms and Conditions apply to all contracts made between the Company and Hirer at the point of booking confirmation being acknowledged following the receipt of a full deposit. Once a deposit has been received it is accepted by the company that the Hirer has accepted the Terms and Conditions. Booking confirmation is subject to equipment availability at the point of a full deposit being received.
Conditions of Hire
All hirers must return a signed quote and signed Terms and Conditions form with the non-refundable deposit before a booking is secured.
A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total Hire Charge is payable on booking.
The total balance of the Hire Charges including a £100 returnable security deposit per Bell Tent is to be made payable no less than 28 days before the Hire date shown on the invoice.
Cancellation of bookings made less that 28 days prior to the date of Hire will result in a 100% forfeit of any hire charges paid.
Any bookings made with less than 28 days from the Hire date must be paid in full including the returnable security deposit.
The returnable security deposit is taken to cover damage; breakages or any additional cleaning that may be needed. All security deposits will be returned within 14 days minus any deductions, should deductions be made these will be fully listed.
The Company will:
- Offer a clear quote highlighting all agreed equipment hire, all charges required by the Company, clear dates of the hire period and payment deadlines for deposits and returnable security deposits and any delivery charges.
- Deliver and set up all equipment before or on the date agreed as shown on the invoice subject to no unforeseen circumstances.
- Dismantle and remove all equipment from site on or after the date agreed as shown on the invoice.
The Hirer is Responsible:
- To ensure that deposits, signed quotes and signed Terms and Conditions are returned to the Company prior to a booking being confirmed.
- To pay the full hire charge and returnable security deposit as agreed in the quote no less than 28 days prior to the agreed Hire date. Failure to do this can result in the Company not providing the agreed equipment.
- To pay interest of 4% above the base rate of HSBC per annum on any outstanding balance.
- To provide a plan or verbal instruction to the positioning of set up required. This must include any underground pipe or main to be avoided during set up. Failure to do this will result in the Company using best judgement of positioning of set up and take no responsibility of any damage caused to underground pipes or mains.
- To obtain any permits or permissions required prior to the Hire date from the appropriate authorities, such as the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, and Fire Brigade and any other authority or organisation. Any costs incurred are the responsibility of the Hirer and any delays, additional costs or fines resulting from necessary permits or permissions not being provided are also the responsibility of the Hirer, not of the Company. 28 days written notice prior to the hire date is required to inform the company of any requirement needed under the licence. Should the Company be unable to meet any of the requirements, then the Contract will become void and advice will be given to the Hirer accordingly.
- Not to enter the equipment during set up or dismantlement of the equipment by the Company.
- Not to use any lighting, heating, fire, cooking or other gas appliances, candles or other naked flames within or close to the equipment, other than what has been provided by the Company in the Hire agreement. 3 metres is a recommended distance.
- And agrees that the Company, agents or employees of the Company accept no liability for any injury or damage to any personal property during the period of hire. The Hirers statutory rights are not affected by this.
- For any loss or damage caused to the equipment during the hire period. Should the security deposit not cover any losses made to the Company then the Hirer will be liable for all costs associated with the damage.
- To keep all equipment provided safe, closed and secure when not in use or during bad weather.
- No smoking is permitted within the Bell Tents or within a reasonable distance of them. 3 metres is a recommended safe distance.
- Not to tamper or allow the equipment to be tampered with including not fixing or hanging items from the equipment without prior consent in writing from the Company.
- To Supervise all minors under the age of 18 years at all time when in or around the equipment. Any injury resulting from lack of supervision of minors is the responsibility of the Hirer and not of the Company.
- Not to allow any animals within the Bell Tents at any time, unless previous agreed in writing with the Company.
- To ensure that all property and belonging of the Hirer and guests is removed before the agreed dismantling of the equipment, any damage or loss caused by the Company due to this is the responsibility of the Hirer.
Site / Location
- The site / location chosen by the Hirer has to be of flat and firm ground with no hidden or concealed pipes, cables or drainage and there must be easy access for a motor vehicle. Any repair or making good to the site will not be the responsibility of the Company.
- A plan is required by the Company of where and how the Hirer would like the equipment to be set up or a representative present for that purpose. The Company will make a best judgement decision in the absence of any plans or representative, setting up the equipment where is deemed to be the best fit. This will be considered to have completed the contract.
- The site chosen by the Hirer should not be susceptible to poor drainage, risk of flooding or to be on uneven or boggy ground. Damage to equipment or personal property caused by this is the responsibility of the Hirer.
- The site must have suitable parking arrangement and any costs should be paid in advance to the Company, the site should not be more than 30 metres from the Parking area and be free of any obstructions. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure the above is in place; failure to do so may incur additional costs by the Company or be considered a cancellation on the Hirers part.
- The Company will only provide equipment that was agreed and paid for on the quote, unless the Hirer has made changes and paid for any changes prior to the Hire date. This would be subject to availability of equipment and agreement in writing by the Company.
- It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that the site has appropriate access for them and any adjustment needed for disabled guest have been made to the site, it is the Hirers responsibility to allow easy access to emergency services at all times.
- The site must have no overhead restrictions or power lines or trees that cause a restriction to the setup of any equipment by the Company as requested in the quote, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the site has appropriate head space for all required equipment.
Delays or failure by the Company to complete the contract
The Company will use every endeavour to supply the Hirer with the agreed equipment for the use on the agreed date. In the case that this is not possible the Company will notify the Hirer as soon as possible to discuss such changes and alterations. In the event that an agreed alteration or change cannot be made, the Hirer may terminate the contract and any deposits paid will be returned.
In any unforeseen events that a camping event must be cancelled such as force majeure or extreme wind / weather, making it impossible to set the tents or in the event of heavy rain causing the ground to be unsafe and unfit for the tents to be set up. A different date will be offered with the same equipment agreed in the quote and for the same number of guests, a similar distance in destination. The Company are not responsible for any lost or additional site / location fees.
The Company have no control over the above and will do everything possible to help the Hirer to find an alternative location if possible. The Company will always assess any possible risk of injury or damage caused by uncontrollable forces and the Hirer is not entitled to any or part refund due to these circumstances.
The Hirer may wish to consider travel insurance to cover this eventuality.
Loss or damage
- The Hirer shall be responsible throughout the agreed period of hire for the maintenance and safe custody of any equipment provided by the company.
- The Hirer must be satisfied with the equipment provided by the company before its use and should notify the Company of any miscounts, incorrect equipment or unacceptable equipment before use. Failure to do so will be the responsibility of the Hirer and not of the Company.
- The Hirer shall leave the equipment in a clean and tidy state. Any loss, damage or charges encored from excess cleaning will be deducted from the security deposit.
The insurance provided by the Company covers the equipment against: Theft, Vandalism, Fire and explosion, Storm and tempest. The risk for any exclusion under the Company’s insurance passes to the Hirer on delivery of the Equipment.
Third Party Liability
The Company will not be responsible for and the Hirer will indemnify the Company against all claims for the injury to persons or the loss or damage to property howsoever caused unless it is proven that such injury or damage was caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of the Company. The Hirer will acknowledge that The Company is not the original manufacturer or supplier of the equipment and accepts no liability for any injury or death from any claim or proceedings arising from this contract with the Hirer.
All equipment remains the property of the Company at all times. The Hirer will not sub hire, part with or make changes or additions to the equipment at any time during the period of hire.
Either party have full rights to cancel the contract without any changes charge within 14 days of the booking date being confirmed. After 14 days of booking and prior to 28 days of the Hire date a 25% no refundable deposit will be forfeited by the Hirer if they choose to terminate the contract. Less than 28 days prior to the Hire date 100% of the Hire cost will be lost to the Hirer if they cancel after this point.
The Company will not be liable for any: Act of God including but not limited to tempest, fire, flood, storm or natural disaster; War, civil war, sabotage or act of terrorism; Government sanction, embargo, import or export regulation or order; Labour disputes, including strikes, lockouts, boycotts or other industrial action; Failure in the transportation of equipment, machinery or personnel or in the provision of any utility including power, gas, water, or communication services.
While every effort will be made by the Company to carry out any booking accepted, however, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by the Company consequent upon Act of God, War, Strikes, Riots, Lockouts or any other disturbances. Fire, Flood, Storm, Gale or Tempest restrictions on the use of Transport, Fuel or Power. Requisitioning Storage of material or transport or labour or any other cause beyond the control of the Company.
This contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
The Company reserve the right to amend or change there website and term and conditions with prior notice to the Hirer, the Hirers obligations not being limited to the above.
In the event of non-payment or a breach of the terms and conditions, the contract will be terminated.
The above terms and conditions constitute the entire contract and agreement between the Hirer and the Company, there are no exceptions and nothing outside of the agreement applies.
This does not exclude or limit:
1. Either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence.
2. Either party’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
3. Any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.